Just heard about this soundfont VSTi, checked it out and I’m glad to report this is LEGIT! Great free VSTi, tons of features and very new on the scene! Watch out SFZ+!
Phenome, a 8-part multitimbral Soundfont Player VSTi
for Windows XP/Vista/7 32-Bit. (Win XP Service Pack 2 required).
It’s designed to focus on getting ideas done quickly.
So it’s not bloated with features – just the essentials
– 8 part/layer multitimbral
– selectable MIDI channels for each layer
– layering of soundfonts for multisetups
– supports standard patch/bank selection
– various interpolation methods
– highquality 8x oversampling
– volume/panning for each layer
– selectable keysplit for each layer
– fine- and semi-tuning
– built in phrase arpeggiator with step/gate mode
– built in multimode filter
– built in unison/widener
– built in stereodelay, monodelay and chorus
– flexible polyphonic note-stealing
– 8 stereo (16 mono) audio outputs!
– 256 voice polyphony (8x 32 voices)
– fully automatable
– MIDI learn for any knob/fader/dial
– total recall
– VST2.0 compliant
– low CPU usage / low RAM overhead
…everything for free