There are a few very important things that every newbie should know before starting to record, produce, or make beats.
- All software is the same sound quality. ProTools doesn’t sound better than Acid Pro.
- Expensive mics are not the most important thing in get high quality recordings.
- You do not need tons of expensive software instruments to have a lot of high quality sounds to use.
- You do not need tons of expensive software fx to make your recordings the best they can be.
- You do not need 50 gb of drum sounds.
- You do not need to pay a ton for great drum sounds.
- 0db doesn’t always mean 0db. Actually there is no such thing as 0db. Because db refers to a scale that is used and you have to be clear on what scale is being used. So, NEVER SAY 0db or -6db or -12db or any other number. You need to say dbVu, or dbFS, or dbPPM.
So now that we have some basic things to remember I’m going to explain them all in more detail later. There are a lot of other things that you must know be these are some of the most common things I see.